Trap Quest Release 13 Version 1.0 Hotfix 2.5
EDIT 7th March @ 5pm: Another replacement hotfix was uploaded! Sorry for the inconvenience.
This post's banner image is Borvar's art of the Pimp in the feminine NPCs only mode (currently alpha testers only).
How to Download
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://omega.area57.cloud/index.php/s/AyjTdpf5zxXNJai/download
You'll need around 500MB of free space for when it downloads the game file.
To use the Clothing window with the launcher, you currently need to download the game file separately (from the links on Patreon / SubscribeStar) and then use the sideload functionality by pressing F12.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
There are 5 different versions because there are 5 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with the 6th window, the Clothing window, are available from my Patreon posts and SubscribeStar posts.
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it. Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- We're getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- There's a known uncommon issue where an icon that is supposed to be rendered in the corner of an item is instead repeatedly rendered in the main narration window, about twice per second. Investigations are still ongoing but we believe this is the work of magic gremlins.
- In some interpreters, on some people's computers, with some of the more complex character windows (mainly Wonderfuller and Clothing), undo is failing to work because the interpreter's undo buffer isn't large enough to handle the game.
1st Hotfix Changelist
2nd Hotfix Changelist
- Aika: With mindbreak protection enabled, you will no longer sometimes instantly surrender to NPCs at the start of combat at high delicateness. Except for the very specific interaction between the demon worshipper class and a demon NPC.
- Aika: With the 'final pledges' lesson, you now only get bonus magic power from the curses you accept.
- Aika: [Lactation] The clickable buttons for talking to the slimegirl have been updated to the new "talk to [NPC]" framework.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the bondage lesson never considered you to have been in bondage for long enough.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where some wardrobes had their text shortcut clash with the "wa" in ben wa balls.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the succeeding at 'practical' use as many body parts as possible for sex lesson promoted you from pink diamond to... pink diamond.
- Aika: [Diapers] Fixed a bug where the royal guard could start changing / spanking / feeding you then immediately become satisfied and stop.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the code for dealing with the rare situation that wrist bondage made it impossible to pull on the ass hook, wasn't triggering properly.
- Aika: [Inhuman Pregnancy] Fixed a bug where sex dolls couldn't actually get the player pregnant.
- Aika: [Extra large pregnancies] Fixed a bug where tentactle monster pregnancies from an actual tentacle monster weren't extreme sized.
- Aika: If you have your wrists bound behind you when you leave the extra credit zone (e.g. with the nun dress predicament), then you won't be able to pick up any items. This is a bit harsh! They will now be teleported to the school reception so you don't lose the ability to access them when you get your arms back.
- Aika: Fixed a bug in the new 'enema tag' lesson where the zentai man could chase after people who had already successfully finished their laps.
Hotfix 2.5 Changelist
- Fixed a bug with using the "wait" command while your hands were bound in front of you.