Trap Quest Release 12 Version 4.0 Hotfix
This post's banner image is from the new portal pants punishment the pimp can give you if you fight him (currently alpha testers only). Art by Relyet.
How to Download
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://omega.area57.cloud/index.php/s/AyjTdpf5zxXNJai/download
You'll need around 500MB of free space for when it downloads the game file.
To use the Clothing window with the launcher, you currently need to download the game file separately (from the links on Patreon / SubscribeStar) and then use the sideload functionality by pressing F12.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
There are 5 different versions because there are 5 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with the 6th window, the Clothing window, are available from my Patreon posts and SubscribeStar posts.
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it. Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- We're getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- There's a known uncommon issue where an icon that is supposed to be rendered in the corner of an item is instead repeatedly rendered in the main narration window, about twice per second. Investigations are still ongoing but we believe this is the work of magic gremlins.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the player's scrotum was visible at all times. Sorry, I had been doing too much testing as a futa recently, clearly!
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the rubber nun cowl wasn't actually flagged as latex.
- Aika: Fixed an issue where non-alpha-testers couldn't disable Halloween mode.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where as a virgin warrior cross-class you could still become the virgin warrior magical girl by killing a tentacle monster, removing your other classes.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where when NPCs gifted the player clothing items, they didn't actually appear.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the demon slut tattoo could appear when it had already appeared.
- Aika: Fixed a super nasty and tricky to uncover bug where, with ass to mouth fetish fully or partially disabled, the game had a 50% chance of crashing when the mansion was loaded for halloween content, and a 50% chance of crashing every time the kitsune changed her disguise while the player was in the dungeon region.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the shopkeeper trying to return to the shop from another location caused a stack overflow.